Sunday, October 31, 2010

Stella at Target & Moi

I went, I saw, but I did not conquer.... 

Target @ Broadway... what queues?
 

 The morning of  29th October 2010 at 8:35am I was waiting outside the Target store at Broadway and was astounded that I actually was 1 of the only 20 people there. Stylish fashionistas there weren't... Where were the queues of fiesty women from 2007?

As the Target doors opened at 9am, the now 30 people ran in to get whatever Stella they could get their hands on... Shopping until intense pressure, I managed to pick out my items in less than 3 minutes...the classic double breast suit jacket (that Stella does so well), a black lace dress, a dark fushia tulip dress & a navy tulip coat (which all seemed to look like a much cheaper imitation of her own AW 2010 collection).
 
10 minutes later & AUD700 less richer, I went home feeling content that I actually managed to score some Stella from Target..... (Seriously I reckon it's harder to get your hands on the cheap Stella than the expensive Stella from net-a-porter.com!)
My Stella purchases.... or should I say my Stella returns?
But much to my disppointment,  nothing fitted me too well... definitely not Stella tailoring & proportioning.... being a European size 36 my shoulders were not broad enough, hips were too big & waist was too small for a Australian size 8. Clothes were definitely not Stella quality either... the zips of the dresses were hard to zip up, the material was very ordinary which was a let down yet expected from Target & the finishing stitches was coming off in many of the items I saw.


I visited the Bondi Junction store yesterday and found that there was so much left over... (proof that the collection didn't do too well perhaps??) Apart from the tulip jacket, I returned everything else as per Target's refund policy.... now that's something you can't do when you shop Stella's main collections...


Stella for Target 2010 collection....well apart from the Stella label tag & the hint of Stella design, every element of the collection screamed 'Target'.....They should actually call the collection 'Target for Stella'... Call me a snob but I think I will remain faithful to Stella's main 'made in Italy' line for now, available from net-a-porter.com.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment